Dr Alex Horton, Consultant Radiologist
MBBS BSc MRCP FRCR
- Uroradiology including muliparametric MRI Prostate
- Hepatobiliary Diagnostic and Interventional radiology
- Cardiac CT and Calcium scoring
- All Image guided biopsy and drainage procedures
- Vascular diagnostic and interventional radiology
- Venous access and intervention
University College London, Qualified 2000
Completed the MRCP 2003 before starting Radiology training at St George’s Hospital, London in 2004. This included Great Ormond Street, Atkinson Morley, and the Royal Marsden gaining FRCR in 2007
Interventional Radiology Fellowship, St Georges Hospital 2008-2010
- Royal College of Radiologists
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society of Interventional Radiology
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- Radiological Society of North America
- British Society of Urogenital Radiology
Dr Horton has trained in cross sectional and interventional radiology and has a particular interest in uroradiology. He is the provider of multiparametric (diffusion) MRI of the prostate for the non-invasive diagnosis of prostate cancer. He also performs all aspects of interventional radiology, including all image guided procedures and tunnelled venous lines.
His vascular radiology interests include CT and MRI peripheral angiography and Coronary Artery CT Angiography and calcium scoring. He is also the regional lead radiologist for malignant melanoma.
- Horton A, Ratnam L, Madigan J, Munneke G, Patel U. Nephrostomy — why, how and what to look out for. Imaging 2008;20:29-37.
- Horton A, Patel U, Belli AM. An unusual arterial supply to the uterus. A case report and review of anatomy-implications for uterine artery embolization. Clinical Radiology, Volume 65, Issue 12, Pages 1038-1042
- Barber B, Horton A, Patel U. Anatomy of the origin of the gonadal veins on CT. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2012; 23: 211.
- L Ratnam, S A Raza, A Horton, J Taylor, G Markose, G Munneke, R Morgan, A-M Belli
- Clinical radiology. Outcome of aortoiliac, femoropopliteal and infrapopliteal endovascular interventions in lesions categorised by TASC classification. Clinical Radiology, Volume 67, Issue 10, Pages 949-954
- Mount Alvernia: Monday am
- Guildford Nuffield: Tuesday pm
- Surrey Cardiovascular Clinic: By appointment
- Syon Clinic: By appointment
- Royal Surrey County Hospital: By appointment